Saturday, June 1, 2013

New Beginnings - Gerund-Style

Hi there!  Long time, no see, huh?

Well, I'm back.  Why, you might ask?  I'll tell you...

Since Khara House's Our Lost Jungle's 'Thirty by Thirty' Challenge starts today, and the theme is 'New Beginnings', I figured it was a cool idea.  You know, a place to start.  As good a time as any.  Right?  Right.

Now, you all still can find my poems and other stuff littered around the web at such great sites as Poetic Asides and Poetic Bloomings, but this here is my own little patch of (Google-owned) earth.

And with that, here I am going (yep - I had to squeeze a gerund in here, of course - even if it is oddly placed)...


Gerund Cinquain

"And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been." ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Musing
about starting
something new.  Gerunding.
Taking chances?  Playing it safe?
Musing…

###

Hey...it's a start.
 

9 comments:

  1. Welcome back, RJ! :-) Great Gerunding, too.
    I'm still working towards my thesis finishing, due to be handed on June 17, defense is scheduled for July 3rd.... After that, it will be a nice summer of emotional and writing compensations for all I love and care for.

    So happy to see you back in action. My fingertips itch for poetry instead of Statistical analyses (which I am doing right now).

    Mariya Koleva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, Mariya! But I bet you are doing superbly (is that a word?) :D

    Anyway, although I never thought I would be studying for a math and science field, I actually like it. But I still crave expression in poetry and fiction, too!

    Off to check out your blog now! And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - how to I post a comment to your site without being in Google Plus? I'm probably being stupid, but I didn't see a field for it. Thanks! (And btw...your last post was wonderful! I learned a whole lot more about you - and wow - you are one impressive lady!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaaaay! An RJ blog! Sign me up! :)

    de

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always have to look up what a gerund is, and always feel a little foolish needing to ... but also always appreciate it more once I've reread what exactly it means. (I probably shouldn't admit I'm such a lousy English major, but still.) I love the poem! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Khara! I actually use gerunds far too much - and my writing group is always getting on me about it! And I WAS an English major (waaaaay back in the day!)

      Delete
  6. It's great to have you back here ... and at my Limerick-Offs too. :)

    Madeleine Begun Kane

    ReplyDelete