Thursday, July 21, 2011

Little Cat Feet

Image courtesy of Vintage Venus

Where is the Cat?

…yeah… it was three o’clock in the morning
and as per usual, I was awake,
so I wished that I were a feral cat.

No matter the consequence, it’s the cat
who chases stars in the night, ‘til morning
comes.  Then she packs away her games, awake

no more.  I want to leave stars in my wake;
stars that come on little cat feet…a cat
who finds peaceful slumbers in the morning.

Morning comes and I am still awake…but I wonder…where is the cat?

***

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You're back. I know what it's like to work on deadline, so am proud of you for that accomplishment and welcome you back to the virtual community. As far as being a cat... there is lots to be said for that. I have to agree with you.

    ReplyDelete