Thursday, March 24, 2011

Uniform

Poets United Thursday Think Tank presented the folks-who-write with the word 'uniform.'  Please check out this site to find links to some amazing poems and stories  - because while the subject may be about uniforms, their words are anything but...

Image courtesy of Softpedia

Uniform

Encased in talent like a uniform,/The rank of every poet is well known;/They can amaze us like a thunderstorm,/Or die so young, or live for years alone. ~-W. H. Auden, 'The Novelist'.

Hearts worn like a badge,
we pour them onto the page
uniformly worn.

###

And while I'm on the subject, if you can, please send some good thoughts - that those who wear the uniforms in far away places come home safe and very soon.

8 comments:

  1. I like this; I like the images that arrive~ So much to think about in such small prose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. brillant, I love the quote too, I have not heard it before - one to add to a collection...on a page uniformly worn....Nice RJ...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  3. makes me think we each wear a uniform, whether we know it or not

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I so love this profound truth stated so simply and perfectly. Especially the "uniformly worn". Show me a heart without somewhat dented and worn edges and I'll tell you that person hasnt really lived:) Good one, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, RJ. So much said in so few words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice short brief haiku. All of it falls wonderfully together. Especially the quote and the uniform simile.
    Well chosen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will remember them and thanks for the reminder. I love it all beginning with the quote from W. H. Auden and ending with "uniformly woven". What a creative use of this prompt.

    http://judyidliketosay.blogspot.com/2010/12/there-came-day.html

    ReplyDelete