Sunday, March 27, 2011

Oh, the uncertainty of it all!

Interesting prompts today.  (I think.)

Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle
The March Challenge suggested we reflect on uncertainty. (Maybe?)  Sunday Scribblings was all about nearly. (Almost?)  And One Single Impression was kinda sorta hollow.  (Perhaps.) 

As you can see, I'm a bit unsure, but anyway, here are the words...


Hollowed Grounds

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are so confident while the intelligent are full of doubt. ~Bertrand Russell

Hollow confidence
is the realm of the stupid.
At least, I think so.

###

(Nearly) Famous

I’m (nearly) famous!
Check me out.
From coast to coast
there is no doubt
I’m quite well-known
(in certain spheres.)
That’s how it goes
with ‘penned’ careers.

###

The Uncertainty of a Shooting Star

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream. ~Vincent Van Gogh

I look to the stars,
too deep perchance to dream…
I dream, anyway.

###

Image courtesy of IrelandSavage2

19 comments:

  1. Clever, and brought a smile to my face-- as per usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Sorry RJ-- that was me above (masquerading as my husband. Should've checked the account first!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the play on words with "penned careers" and the general humor of all three pieces. What capped it off was Kate's husband "M" almost, nearly making it on board!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it,
    the quote is fun,
    your famous poem is super fun...
    what a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tickle me again ~~ "Oh, the uncertainty of it all!" ~~becca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Lovely Prose! All of them were wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOTS of fun! Thanks for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right. It is the realm of stupids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These were very amusing. I like the way you took the quotes too. Very good responses to the prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very precise! "Hollow Grounds" - just my opinion, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVED the nearly famous poem...oh so true and prosaic :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastic collection RJ, loved both the quotes you added very much.

    the poems are splendid, you captured the theme perfectly. life is uncertain so we should relish it.

    trisha
    http://sharmishthabasu.wordpress.com/2011/03/16/uncertainty/

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lesson in being clever and not tripping over the red carpet of pride..Jae

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll have to say it again - you never fail do you! A delightful collection of poems, a joy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed them all, as always. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delightful poems, RJ. I love the Van Gogh qoute:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've got hollow nailed with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I liked all three. Your use of parentheses with "nearly" was inspired. And I like the poems and their attendant quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved the uncertainty of a shooting star. You have such a wonderful light touch!

    ReplyDelete