Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Today's post has nothing whatsoever to do with rubber bands...

...because the short poems I wrote today are based on prompts which had nothing to do with rubber bands.  Why rubber bands?  Why not? 

Well...not here and not today, but anyway...

We Write Poems' prompt was all about finding a way to write when one is stuck in the 'can't-write-zone.'  Three Word Wednesday's prompt was 'tickle, breeze and mellow.'  Finally, The March Challenge's prompt was 'family.'

Image courtesy of ponnvandu

Impractical Space

When writing, I do get neurotic
when things get a wee bit chaotic.
So…I make bigger messes.
This often addresses
my need for a space that’s quixotic.

### 


Image courtesy of gigithestar07

Tickle Torture

You can’t be mellow
when someone tickles your feet.
Escape?  Not a breeze.

###
Image courtesy of Concurring Opinions
Sharing

A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold. - Ogden Nash

In our family
sharing is key, but sometimes
I wish they didn’t.

###

23 comments:

  1. Oh RJ...how delightful. I still play "tickle torture" with my youngest (10 years on Saturday) and we even call it that name. Thanx for brightening an otherwise dreary Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Sharing' was the spirit of Ogden Nash kept alive..rubber bands are great..hard to come by in this age of the virtual paperclip..Jae ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sheilagh Lee said: simply delightful I enjoyed them all."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I almost choked on my coffee! The family poem caused me to LOL! The common cold, their bad moods (never mine)...why can't they keep them to themselves?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chaos that surrounds a day of writing is an utter frustration come evening. When I was still raising kids, this was really true. Now, I can relax, since mostly, my time is mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved them all, you're a delight to read! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect timing. I woke this morning with a scratchy throat.
    Can't wait to share it with all those I love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hilarious trio. just loved all three of them equally.

    trisha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every one of them a gem: each made me laugh - in comedy, empathy and sympathy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is always a treat to visit your page and enjoy your work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what fun. I particularly liked your take on 'family'!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you share your poetry, though. That last one was great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely...all three. Love the light-hearted approach to these works!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delightful. Don't we all know about 'tickle torture'? :)

    Loved the other two also :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never a disappointment when I visit ... thanks for the morning smile! ~becca

    ReplyDelete
  16. RJ, the 3WW prompt was hard because I DESPISE tickling. I was bullied a lot, being small for my age. Having said that... your 3WW was swift and funny. But the kicker for me today was using "quixotic" in a limerick. Now that's entertainment!
    Great stuff - Amy
    http://sharplittlepencil.wordpress.com/2011/03/17/tickle-of-spring/

    ReplyDelete
  17. A sense of humor is not a bad fate at all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I came to read your 3WW poem, but instead your thoughts on family sharing tickled my fancy. Thanks :)

    The Poetry Bin

    ReplyDelete