Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

'Tis!

So...have you gotten your Irish on?

My kids were spraying green coloring stuff into their hair this morning before leaving for school today.  They looked - well, greenish.  I guess I should be grateful that they didn't spray the dog, too.

Anyway...the theme today is about all things related to the Irish festival which celebrates the fellow who sent the snakes packing from the Ould Sod.  The March Challenge said to write about courage.  Theme Thursday presented writers with a photo of a very green plant.

So...have a great day full of luck, courage and fun!  Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Shamrock

What’s this?  Ah yes, a four-leaf clover.
Shamrock (plus one leaf.)  Moreover,
 the former is for luck that’s fair.
The latter stands for all that’s Eire.

###

Irish Kiss

“To me, there is no greater act of courage than being the one who kisses first. ~Janeane Garafalo

‘Tis St. Patrick’s Day.
Snakes go all hiss.  Me?
      I say raise a glass…      
c’mon and kiss me.

###

Shamrock Shakes

I love to drink those Shamrock Shakes.
It’s one cool thing McDonald’s makes.

###

John Courage Ale

When bravery's what needs manurage,
I say, “Barkeep – a pint of Courage.”

###
(Note: 'manurage' is an obsolete term meaning cultivation.)

8 comments:

  1. Lightverse,

    Wonderful words with a sniff of Irishness to celebrate this day!

    Enjoy all that it brings your way.
    Best wishes, Eileen

    I have posted my own offering for St Patrick's Day too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun stuff, today, RJ! Enjoy your St. Pattie's celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the most updated take on poetry/culture.
    well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cool...the explanation of the clover and the great poetry. Thanks for such a wonderful break to my responsibilities.

    Meryl
    http://departingthetext.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. The Shamrock Shakes sound delicious. Never had one. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute collection of poems RJ. loved them all.

    ReplyDelete