Monday, February 2, 2015

Pianissimo

Jules Pascin, Café Scene.  Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.  Public Domain.

Pianissimo

“If love played an instrument, I’ll bet it would be the piano.  88 keys, double infinity, and the ability to chop down trees with a sharpened mustache.”  ~Jarod Kintz, This Book Has No Title

Oh, play one song, one simple tune.
Love, to your charms, I’m not immune.
Your joyful noise is such a tease,
unlocked by your piano keys.
I am that audience of one
who longs for magic to be spun.
There’s eighty-eight varieties.
Unlock each note, piano keys.
I hear the music in my head.
I know that nothing’s left unsaid,
despite the chords of congeries
unlocked by your piano keys.
Crescendo, passion, and release
not tempered by my heart’s caprice.
It’s all about those ivories,
since love unlocks what’s in the keys.

###
Notes:  The form is Kyrielle.  The poem was written based upon a suggestion offered from the newly created and launched Phoenix Rising Poetry Guild website.

No comments:

Post a Comment