Wednesday, June 12, 2013

It's a Puzzlement...and so much more...

Caïn venant de tuer son frère Abel, by Henry Vidal in Tuileries Garden in Paris, France, a photograph by Alex E. Proimos, image found at Wikimedia Commons

More Bewildered Than Ever

“The more you explain it, the more I don’t understand it.” ~Mark Twain

You really tend to obfuscate
and also circumnavigate
whatever points you try to make.
I’m so confused, for heaven’s sake.

Just tell it to me plain, I beg.
You disregard.  Instead, you segue
into more purple tosh. Headshake.
I’m mystified, for heaven’s sake.

I wonder if you truly know
of what you speak, but even so
the way you say it?  Too opaque.
I’m so perplexed, for heaven’s sake.

I guess it doesn’t matter if
you speak in English or in glyph,
I will not understand your take.
I just give up, for heaven’s sake.


Notes:  The form is Kyrielle (with a tiny bit of modification.)  The poem was inspired by the theme of 'more' at Khara House's 30 by 30 Challenge.  

And.. if you are looking for a really fun form, check out Poetic Bloomings' In-form Poet page.  Today's form is the 'Appreciate.'


  1. Oh, RJ! This is you at your fantastical wordplay, master of form best. Wonderful.

    1. Thank you so much, De! Coming from a talent like you, that's high praise indeed! ♥

  2. What wonderful fun this one is! Love it, RJ.