Monday, May 2, 2011

Rollin' in the Clover

Illustration - The Red Clover Fairy by Cicely Mary Barker/courtesy of Monday's Child

 The Red Clover Fairy and the Springtime Bumble Bee

Good Morning, Mister Bee.
I see
you’re visiting my bloom.
Perfume
and color brought you here,
my dear?
O Bumble Bee, it’s clear
you’ve come to pollinate ~
I so appreciate
new buds with Springtime cheer.

###
(Poetic Form: Ovillejo)

A Note:

Hi there!  Yeah...it's been a while, hasn't it?  For those of you who stopped by to pay a call and write comments, I thank you so much!  Really!  And I'm sorry too, because not only I haven't posted recently, but I haven't visited anyone recently either.  I did manage to squeak out some poems for the PAD Challenge at Poetic Asides, but other than that, I really haven't had much time to do anything else, because of a different writing matter...

See, beside writing my quirky-ish mostly rhyme and mostly poetic form poetry, I also write children's fiction.  I did manage to get one novel (Penny Wishes, 2009) published by a small press, but alas, the press went out of business later in the same year.  I have several others in the works.

However, I just dreamed up a new story idea - which oddly enough, came from a dream (that's happened a number of times, believe it or not) and so I drafted an outline of the story (middle grade historical fiction) which I shared with my writing group.  They saw potential in it, which was pretty cool.  Right after that, I attended a 1st page SCBWI event which featured two editors from well-known publishers ... and it went pretty well.  So ... I've been heavily focused on that project, largely because I now have a three month window for submission.

And that's the story - at least to date.

10 comments:

  1. This little rhyme is simply precious. Missed you! Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute poem! And good luck on your latest book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth - thanks so much! ☼

    ReplyDelete
  4. RJ, love the poem, and it is nice to see you back.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. best regards.
    good luck on your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely rhyme and best in your writing and publishing...I love to see writers become successful with something they love to do....bkm

    ReplyDelete
  7. A precious rhyme shared... for the young ones.

    Glad to hear things are happening in other venues... keep diligent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the form of the rhyme you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And a very pleasing rhyme you made! Good luck with the writing...

    ReplyDelete